Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My date with Christopher Plummer



In May 2009, I was lucky enough to be awarded the J. Percy Smith Prize from the University of Guelph. I was also fortunate enough that renowned Canadian actor Christopher Plummer presented me with the award. You can see my stunned and ridiculously nervous/glowing self pictured here.

J Percy Smith Prize Qualifications: Graduating honours student in Drama with high academic standing in Drama courses, who has also made a worthy contribution to Department of Drama activities in general. Annual prize of $200. (And in my case, the honour of meeting Christopher Plummer!!)

Mr. Plummer was given an honorary degree from the University of Guelph on the same day. His speech was truly inspiring. Take a look at it on U of G's website: http://www.uoguelph.ca/convocation/christopherplummer/

1 comment:

  1. Thats great!! Im betting your going to meet lots of famous people in your life time! :) blair mclean.

    ReplyDelete